arsnova.cards uses Meteor as application framework. Download and install Meteor to get the app running in your local development environment.
- Install Meteor
- Clone the remote repository
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:arsnova/flashcards.git
- Install the npm package dependencies inside the local repository "flashcards folder"
meteor npm install
- Set your initial admin user in
Change the settings in
settings.json according to your needs
Warning: Never publish your production settings file!
Authentication setup (For Google, Facebook and Twitter logins)
Braintree setup (For PayPal payments)
- Create a Braintree sandbox account
- Login to the braintree sandbox
- Retrieve your api keys (navigate to: My User > View Authorizations)
- Insert the keys into
- Inside Braintree sandbox, navigate to Plans from left menu under
- Create one plan with id "pro" and your preferred price (lowercase for Plan ID, Plan Name's should be "Pro")
Firebase setup (For web notifications)
- Create a Firebase project
- Get the FCM api key from Firebase project (project settings > cloud messaging > server key)
- Insert the key into
Starting the app
Use one of the following commands inside the repository (flashcards folder), to start arsnova.cards on localhost,:
meteor --settings settings_test.json
meteor --settings settings.json
You can then access the app from your host machine by visiting http://localhost:3000.
The contribution guide can be found here.
The documentation can be found here.
arsnova.cards is powered by Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen - University of Applied Sciences.